I am a craft girl and when some one says YoYo Day - I think fabric one. Here's a basic DIY version - I am sure you have one too.
Cotton fabric scraps / Pressed flat
Needle / thread / scissors
Something to mark fabric with
Circle template ( you don't have one - a wine glass or ant round surface will do )
You want a circle that is approximately double the size of the the desired finished yo-yo.
- Take fabric & trace the template & cut around it.
- Working with the wrong side of the fabric toward you, gently turn under approximately 1/8" to 1/4" of the edge of the circle.
- Holding the needle thread, pull the thread to gather the circle.This will pull it together and form a circle in the center.
- The whole in the center can be covered with buttons Or any thing else you would like.
- You can turn them into flowers or add them together to form a quilt patter & many more idea's . Need idea https://www.pinterest.com/jjjtatum/love-yo-yos/?lp=true