Saturday, June 30, 2018
Mai Tia Day
Friday, June 29, 2018
Make sure you grab the Freebie * http://www.mymemories.com/store/share_the_memories_kit_1
I made this quick & Easy page using the American Stitches from Queen Brat Design , and free text & blue background. With a picture from my stash . Lisa
Happy 4th of July Quick Page !
How about a Weekend Freebies from My Memories :
Do you use your Waffle iron for other things than Waffles?
Waffle Iron Day :
Egg Omelet in Waffle Iron :
Waffle Hash Browns :
Thursday, June 28, 2018
Wave your flag for the 4 th of July with this recipe from 2002 from cool whip and jello.
2 pt strawberries
11/2 c boiling water
1 pkg 8 oz red flavor jello
1 c cold water
1 pound cake sliced in 10 slices
11/3 c blueberries
1 tub of cool whip topping thawed
Make gelatin and put in refrigerator.
Line a 12 x 8 in pan with cake. Stir strawberries ( 1 cup) and blueberries(1cup) into gelatin. Spoon over cake.
Refrigerate for 4 hours. Spread cool whip over gelatin. Decorate with blueberry and strawberries to make flag design. In picture. Lisa
Perfect for July 4th Celebration :
Home made Bomb Pops :
- Place water and sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until sugar has completely dissolved. Set aside and let cool.
Wednesday, June 27, 2018
National Orange Blossom Day Recipe :
Today's Recipe is for Orange Pecan Balls :
Tuesday, June 26, 2018
June color challenge card
My card Inspired by a Cake :
Colored with pencils in the June colors but also inspired by my family favorite cake. Enjoy bothe card and the recipe. Happy June Birthdays !! Lisa
Pistachio's Cake Recipe:
- 3/4 cup unsalted shelled pistachios (approximately 4 ounces; not dyed red)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest (from 3 medium oranges)
- Using food processor, pulse pistachios until finely ground, about 40 seconds. (Do not overprocess, or mixture will become paste.) Add flour, baking powder, cardamom, and salt and pulse briefly to combine.
- In small bowl, combine milk and vanilla.
- In large bowl using electric mixer at moderate speed, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce speed to low and add pistachio and milk mixtures alternately in batches, beginning and ending with pistachio mixture and beating after each addition just until combined. Add orange zest and beat just until combined.
- Spread batter evenly in pan and bake until wooden skewer inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 30 to 40 minutes. Cool in pan on rack 10 minutes, then run knife around cake to loosen and invert onto rack. Remove paper and serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Monday, June 25, 2018
End of June :
Can't wait to see what July brings.
Do you belong to Ali Edwards One little word Class /group ? Well I joined in January & picked the word Hope for my word. I thought everyone could use a little Hope . https://aliedwards.com/blog?tag=One+Little+Word%C2%AE
Summer * card for
Perfect for this time a year I made this card with a digital image from https://bugaboostamps.comAnd colored with markers for this fresh & simple Summer card for the challenge. Lisa
Happy Catfish Day !
On the grill :
Fish filet,2 T olive oil,2 T bbq rub/Seasoning & your choice of bbq sauce if desired.
- You can cook this in a pan on the stove, or on the grill. We used a flat griddle side burner on our gas grill. All instructions are specifically for this. Cooking times would vary slightly based on your method of cooking.)
- Heat grill to medium high. Coat lightly with oil.
- Wash and pat dry fish filets. Rub with oil, and coat on both sides with your favorite bbq dry rub seasoning mix.
- Place filets on the grill / griddle and cook for approximately 3-5 minutes. Turn and cook another 3-5 minutes. Brush the top of the cooked side with bbq sauce while the other side is cooking.
- Flip and brush the other side with bbq sauce.
- Remove from heat, cover and let rest 5 minutes. Serve warm with your favorite sides. We recommend our Spicy Jamaican Slaw or a salad.
Catfish grilled on the Stove :
4 Catfish filet
1/4 C flour
1/4 C cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon of various dry Seasoning ( Cajun Seasoning blend)
1/4 C butter
- In a large resealable bag, combine the first nine ingredients. Add catfish, one fillet at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place a large cast-iron skillet on a grill rack over medium-hot heat. Melt butter in the skillet; add catfish. Grill, covered, for 5-10 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Today is Catfish Day ! And i live in Catfish town on the banks of the atchafalaya basin.
Let's Share this classic Louisiana dish :
Fresh catfish / cut in chunks
1 large onion /chopped
1 C onion tops /chopped
1/2 C parsley /chopped
1 can of tomato soup
1 tbsp Flour
1 tbsp oil
1 can Water
Dry seasoning : garlic powder, cloves,red & black powder & salt
In a pot place -oil ,catfish ,seasoning ,onion,onion tops and parsley. Pour in can of tomato sauce and water. Mix and cook on Medium heat . Cover with a lid & stir gently. Dish is cook when the onions are cooked. About 30 minutes.
Serve with white Rice and Crusty French Bread !
Sunday, June 24, 2018
Card making with Lisa *
Fusion Card Challenge : Primary Bookcase
1. Play with just the sketch challenge.
2. Play with just the inspiration photo challenge.
3. Or you can create FUSION by combining BOTH challenges into one card.
4. Use the challenge graphic and link back to Fusion in your post.
Today I am doing Praline with a Twist :
Happy Pralines Day :
Saturday, June 23, 2018
It's Saturday and National Pink Day !
Stamp set from Unity Stamp Co https://www.unitystampco.com
Friday, June 22, 2018
Ready for a Summer time favorite ? Try a batch of these Onion Rings.
Fried Onion Rings
Today is National Eclair Day !!
Pate a Choux
Thursday, June 21, 2018
Starting July 6th Friday's will be Christmas cards,gifts & treats - so stay tune. Lisa
Today's I made this card as part of the ABC Christmas Challenge :
My Christmas Mice is from : https://www.disdigistamps.com
Check out the shop -they have some great images to color for card making & scrap booking.
Thursday Digital page is a little Fun in the Sun on this rainy day . Kit is from My Memories https://www.mymemories.com store.
Bouncin Beach Balls Mini Kit https://www.mymemories.com/store/display_product_page?id=LMSM-MI-1307-37059 By : Let Me Scrap.
I downloaded the kit & used it with My Memory software. The only thing I added was a round shape & text that came with the kit. We are not really beach people -so I was thrilled with the clip art that came with the kit. A fun & Easy kit that came together fairly quickly. But I am still a newbie - so baby steps for me. Lisa
Perfect Quick Pot holder : H8/5mm Hook and Peaches and Cream cotton Yarn.
Here the link w.missedstitches.com/2013/11/perfect-pot-holders-free-crochet-pattern.html
Peaches & Cream Muffin
Wednesday, June 20, 2018
The diffrence between : Milkshake,Soda or Malt ?
A milkshake is basically smoothy ice cream. A malt has malt flavoring added to it.. An ice cream soda is a shake with some sort of soda added.Ice Cream Soda :
3/4 C chocolate syrup
1 C milk
4 C carbonated water (chilled)
8 scoops of chocolate ice cream
Serve with wiped cream topping
For each glass - 3 T syrup, 1/4 C milk ,1 C carbonated water -stir until foamy. Add two scoops of icecream & top with whipped cream.
Today's Recipe is perfect for Summer :
Vanilla Milkshake Day
4 C (good quality Ice cream)
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 T sugar
2 C Milk ( less makes for thicker shake)
* This recipe has just a few ingredients so use the best you can afford or find.
Happy Bundt Cake Day ! Sour Cream Pound Cake 1/2 lb Butter 1/2 lb cream cheese 2 C sugar 2 C AP Flour 2 tsp baking p...
Trending Now :
Celebrate the 4th of July ! Card made with an image from Craftin Desert Diva -Shop here @ http://craftindesertdiva...
Happy Lobster Day !!! I don't know about you but we don't get fresh lobster in South Louisiana. But on one ...
Today is National Taco & National Vodka Day! Let's Celebrate : Vodka can be used as a cocktail or in ...